January 26, 2010

mmhhhm

This blog still exists?
Yes:) And it shall live in virtual airwaves for all of eternity.

It's been a little over a month since I've been back in the States.  It's a strange thing, this whole adjusting process, let me tell you. My mom forgot to make me get the vaccination for the Travel Bug before I left, so it appears as though I've been infected.  As I sit in my room in lovely Mulder Cottage in Holland, MI I am just itching to get out... to walk on unknown territory again... to have my eyes fall upon new sights and to have my ears feast on new words... To get lost and end up in a place even better than the original destination was intended to be... HOWEVER! This is where I am.  Where I will be.  Until May.  So here I go... thoroughly embarking on this American style of academia adventure in which I have exams and quizzes and homework assignments and classes... and lots of them.

Being back in Michigan I can't help but dream for my friends who are currently scattered about the globe- Cambodia, Jordan, Spain, Ecuador, Scotland, Italy, D.C... just to name a few... I'm happy that people I know aren't going to be, what so often we are, a people of naivety and regret.  They are living and seeing and realizing. I can't wait to have their knowledge and experience overflow onto me- to learn from them and live through them.  Although I am here, new adventure awaits.  I don't have to leave American borders to experience fresh air... it surrounds me... the world is new each morning. AND I'm surrounded by my beautiful family again :)  However... the next dot on the map-  GRAND CANYON SPRING BREAK '10. Youtube video to be expected? You will just have to wait and see.



"In those days we finally chose to walk like giants and hold the world in arms grown strong with love, and there may be many things we forget in the days to come, but this will not be one of them..."

1 comment: