I have survived my week of many firsts, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning of many, many firsts to come. I like it this way. A lot.
-First time in a hostel (loved)
-First time seeing a furry highland cow
-First time standing in a cloud
-First time attending uni (college) in a different country
-First time taking class at a medical school (I had to drop my psych class because of conflicts, so I enrolled in "The Social Influences on Health & Illness", turns out it's in the med school (first thing I've been nervous about through all my travels), turned out sooo great though )
-First time at a Ceilidh (traditional Gaelic social dance originating in Scotland & Ireland - I wish social dance was still this way... I'm quite positive it would solve our nation's obesity problem)
-First time doing Capoeira http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt9Yt8lafYo (we are learning how to play the instruments that you see in the back and the songs as well. I am looking forward to learning more of the history of Capoeira. A girl briefly told me it came to Brazil by African Slaves who needed to train for battle, but weren't allowed to so they kind of hid it by turning it into a form of dancing? Not sure how accurate that is... hopefully I will learn soon... all I know is it is very fun and I love it and will now being doing in every Tuesday and Thursday from 7-9)
-witnessed two of my flat mates having their first taste of peanut butter (I know...insanity)
-First time ever not having class on Fridays (!!!!!)
-my very own first ever jar of Nutella.... completely consumed

This weekend I'm off to Aviemore for a retreat with some of my friends and New Life International Church (and a bunch of other people from around Scotland, I think). If you'd like to see it on the map or read info about it click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviemore. I'm really excited. I need to learn some new words for excited. It's all I am lately.
Until I can report back some more firsts...
CHEERS
JESS. That dance is insane. Like. Really...
ReplyDelete-Caroline
tons of fun and excitement. glad you get the chance.
ReplyDelete